Monday, August 20, 2007

AMA (Rick Husband Amarillo Airport)

One of the best things about flying as often as I do is that I get to discover terrific small airports all around the country. It's a bit of a secret, but did you know that every single airport has at least one bathroom? Just a little piece of advice. Whenever I hear about Rick Husband Amarillo Airport, I think of Rick Husband, the commander of the space shuttle Columbia, and I wonder what he looked like, and how they go to the bathroom in space, and what he looked like. And I wonder what it would be like to have a Husband named Rick. I mean what it's like for wives to have husbands and how nice that must feel. I mean I think about how Amarillo airport is an international port of entry, and I wonder about the different ports and the different entries. Did you know Amarillo has excellent flying weather, with over 336 VFR days per year? My legislative assistant in charge of aviation tells me that VFR stands for Visual Flight Rules. I used to let my legislative assistants have their own bathroom in their part of my senate office, but now I make them come into my private office and use the bathroom in here. Amarillo's main runway is 13,502 feet long! Jiminy!

LARRY'S BOTTOM LINE

"It's important to take a few moments to think about Rick Husband whenever you're in the Amarillo airport. If you'd like to join me in a silent moment of reflection, try the stall all the way on the right."

No comments: