Saturday, August 18, 2007

JFK (John F. Kennedy International Airport)

For a small-town boy like me, an airport as big as Kennedy can be overwhelming. Luckily, there are lots of bathrooms where you can stop to catch your breath, wiggle your fingers, and rub your foot against a neighbor's. But in between your trips to the restroom (especially the one in Terminal 4!), there is so much to do at JFK! I love to go shopping at the Salvatore Ferragamo store in Terminal 1, and I've had many a meal at the Sbarro in the food court in Terminal 3. They just don't make pizza like that in Idaho. Sometimes I like to go to the International Terminal and create my own salad (at the appropriately named "Create Your Own Salad") or just people-watch all of the foreign travelers, and look for one who I think might be interested in getting to know me a little bit better. I love to make new friends in the international terminal, especially ones who don't speak English and won't be able to identify me. It's fun to make new friends, even when you're a Senator. So often, when you're in a position like mine, people expect things from you because you're famous. They expect you to shake their hands, and be friendly, and have a wife. Sometimes you don't want to shake their hands or have a wife. Sometimes you just want to go to the bathroom, or meet new people, or do both at the same time. One of the best things about JFK are all of the sandwich shops! It isn't just Au Bon Pain anymore!

LARRY'S BOTTOM LINE

"The international terminals are a great place to try new foods, unwind in the bathroom, or try new foods!"

No comments: