Sunday, August 26, 2007

JAC (Jackson Hole Airport)

Whenever I travel, I'm always on the lookout for undiscovered little holes-in-the-wall I can take advantage of. There's nothing more rewarding than finding a brand new place, hopefully pretty clean, that can provide a little bit of fun on a dark day. I get excited just thinking about the name Jackson Hole. It reminds me of Jedediah's restaurant, a Jackson favorite downtown that's only recently expanded to the airport. An even better expansion: there are restrooms not only at the north end of the terminal, but also in the boarding area ("for your convenience," according to the website... and it certainly couldn't be much more convenient than that! I also love to make purchases at the Grand Teton Park Book Shop, where proceeds support the educational, interpretive, and scientific programs in Grand Teton National Park. I love the national parks. When I've had enough of the indoors, and security cameras, and police officers, and crowded bathroom stalls, I love to go into the Great Outdoors and follow a friendly face down a backwoods trail. It only takes a few minutes to become refreshed enough that you can face the day with a brand new outlook on life. I hate myself.

LARRY'S BOTTOM LINE

"Jackson Hole is a Wyoming hole I am glad to have discovered!"

No comments: