Friday, August 24, 2007

FAI (Fairbanks International Airport)

My Senate colleague Ted Stevens, from the great state of Alaska, is one of my closest friends and allies. I enjoy visiting him when I need to get far away from it all, even if he doesn't know I'm coming and I don't get in touch with him while I'm there. But, I don't know, a state with so many men than women, where I don't know anyone, and everyone needs to huddle close to stay warm, especially in the bathroom -- well, that's my kind of place! The Fairbanks airport is so inviting that sometimes I never even leave! Jiminy! I just find a place to hunker down for a while, tap my foot, and the wonders begin! TWIGS Alaskan Gifts, located on the upper level of the Terminal, has beautiful Alaskan-made handicrafts that can be bartered in exchange for services in the lower-level restroom. And the ATM provides easy access to cash for unplanned expenses, when your charm and handsome smile aren't quite enough. The Bush Pilot Restaurant is open until 1 A.M.

LARRY'S BOTTOM LINE

"I give the Fairbanks Airport two fingers under the stall and one leer through the cracks! An A-plus!"

No comments: